This Forest Health Tracker website provides data and information on projects aimed to improve forest health and resiliency across all-lands in Washington. There are many additional resources available from our agency and other partners to further inform our shared understanding of our forests, and efforts to increase their health and resiliency. Visit the Washington DNR website to learn more about our programs and work to promote forest health and resiliency in our state.
Forest Health Strategic Plans
- 2020 Washington Forest Action Plan
- 20-Year Forest Health Strategic Plan for eastern Washington (2017)
- 2020 Forest Health Assessment and Treatment Framework (SB 5546 and HB 1784 report to the Legislature)
- 20-Year Forest Health Strategic Plan for eastern Washington Monitoring Framework
- A Strategy to Restore Forest Health on State Lands in eastern Washington (2018)
Public Lands Projects and Planning Information
- Washington Department of Natural Resources current State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA) actions
- Colville National Forest Schedule of Proposed Actions
- Gifford Pinchot National Forest Schedule of Proposed Actions
- Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest Schedule of Proposed Actions
- Umatilla National Forest Schedule of Proposed Actions
Community Wildfire Preparedness
- Washington State Wildland Fire Protection 10-Year Strategic Plan
- Washington DNR fire dashboard is a situational awareness and decision support tool for state fire managers. The application is open access to encourage public and other agency benefit and use.
- Washington DNR Fire Prevention and Fuel Management Mapping System is an information system with past fire statistics and data, current industrial fire precaution levels, annual aerial survey insect and disease data, administrative boundaries, and more.
- FireWise USA: Becoming a Nationally Recognized Firewise USA Site
- Washington Fire Adapted Learning Network
Insects, Disease, and Invasives
- 2019 Washington Forest Health Highlights Report
- WA Field Guide to Common Diseases and Insect Pests
- USDA Forest Service Region 6 Forest Insects and Disease Information page
- Washington Invasives Species Council
- Washington Prescribed Fire Council
- Washington DNR Burn Portal is an online service to apply for a burn permit, submit a burn request, find information on current burn restrictions, and learn more about air quality, smoke, and relevant state laws to burning activities.
- Legislative report: Forest Resiliency Burning Pilot Project (2018)