This Forest Health Tracker website provides data and information on projects aimed to improve forest health and resiliency across all-lands in Washington. There are many additional resources available from our agency and other partners to further inform our shared understanding of our forests, and efforts to increase their health and resiliency. Visit the Washington DNR website to learn more about our programs and work to promote forest health and resiliency in our state.
Forest Health Strategic Plans
- 2020 Washington Forest Action Plan
- DNR Forest Resilience Planning, Science, and Monitoring Data and Mapping System
- DNR's Forest Resilience Digital Library including web maps, data, and more.
- 20-Year Forest Health Strategic Plan for eastern Washington (2017)
- 20-Year Forest Health Strategic Plan for eastern Washington Monitoring Framework (pdf)
- Treatment tracking across eastern Washington memo (last updated as of October 31, 2023)
- Memo on "The Role of Shaded Fuel Breaks in Support of Washington's 20-Year Forest Health Strategic Plan: Eastern Washington" (2021)
- Data sets, maps, reports, and data documentation associated with the 20-Year Forest Health Strategic Plan for eastern Washington (on Box)
- A Strategy to Restore Forest Health on State Lands in eastern Washington (2018)
- Confronting the Wildfire Crisis: A Strategy for Protecting Communities and Improving Resilience in America’s Forests (2022)
Small Forest Landowner Resources and Information
- DNR's Landowner Assistance Portal - a one-stop shop for a small forest landowner's needs
- Conservation Program Explorer - programs available to landowners by region in Washington
- Find Your Forester online tool to find technical assistance available in your area
Public Lands Projects and Planning Information
- Washington Department of Natural Resources current State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA) actions
- Colville National Forest Schedule of Proposed Actions
- Gifford Pinchot National Forest Schedule of Proposed Actions
- Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest Schedule of Proposed Actions
- Umatilla National Forest Schedule of Proposed Actions
Community Wildfire Preparedness
- Washington State Wildland Fire Protection 10-Year Strategic Plan
- Washington DNR fire dashboard is a situational awareness and decision support tool for state fire managers. The application is open access to encourage public and other agency benefit and use.
- Washington Community Wildfire Protection Plans (CWPPs)
- FireWise USA: Becoming a Nationally Recognized Firewise USA Site
- Washington Fire Adapted Learning Network
- Wildfire Risk to Communities is a free, easy-to-use website with interactive maps, charts, and resources to help communities understand, explore, and reduce wildfire risk. Created by the US Forest Service under the direction of Congress designed to help community leaders, such as elected officials, community planners, and fire managers.
- Wildfire Ready Neighbors - Wildfire preparedness isn’t one-size-fits-all. That’s why we’ve developed a simple survey to help your local wildfire experts craft a Wildfire Ready Plan just for you that works for your property, budget, and lifestyle.
Equity and Environmental Justice
- 2023 Forest Resilience Environmental Justice Plan (DNR's amendment to our 2020 Forest Action Plan)
- Washington Environmental Health Disparities Map
- Headwater Economics unequal impacts of wildfire risk information and interactive state map by counties
Insects, Disease, and Invasives
- 2020 Washington Forest Health Highlights Report
- WA Field Guide to Common Diseases and Insect Pests
- USDA Forest Service Region 6 Forest Insects and Disease Information page
- Washington Invasives Species Council
- Washington Prescribed Fire Council
- Washington DNR Burn Portal is an online service to apply for a burn permit, submit a burn request, find information on current burn restrictions, and learn more about air quality, smoke, and relevant state laws to burning activities.
- Legislative report: Forest Resiliency Burning Pilot Project (2018)